PATH is very blessed to be led by Rabbi Yitzchak Salid. Rabbi Salid, who is American-born, joined PATH in 2008. Prior to that Rabbi Salid lived in Yerushalayim and most recently was a maggid shiur at Yeshiva Bircas HaTorah in the Old City.Rabbi Salid received smicha from Ner Yisrael (Rav Ruderman z’tl) and Dayan smicha from Rav Yaakov Weinberg zt’l. He has worked in kiruv and Jewish education both in Israel and America, including in Memphis and Birmingham. Rabbi Salid has a passion for teaching Torah to Jews of all levels and backgrounds and we are excited that he will be joined for the upcoming year 5770 (2009-2010) by his wife and eight children.
Former PATH Rabbi Yossi Jankovits continues to support PATH by producing an enlightening Parsha HaShavuah Audio (MP3 and CD) shiur from Yerushalayim. Additionally, Rabbi Edward Davis, morah d’atra of Young Israel of Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale continues to provide the organization with his invaluable guidance and support.
Hollywood, Florida is a vibrant Torah-based Jewish community. With more than 6,000 Jews of all affiliations in the greater Emerald Hills area alone, four active Orthodox synagogues, two temples, many kosher restaurants and a day school, Hollywood has a reputation as a center of Jewish life in South Florida. Its potential in terms of unaffiliated but Jewishly conscious Jews is tremendous.
To advance Hollywood as a Torah community, PATH seeks to enhance Torah awareness, learning and observance in our community through Rabbi Yitzchak Salid who coordinates and implements community outreach and inreach programming and projects. PATH works to educate and inspire Hollywood’s main constituents – the potentially observant and the unaffiliated – while motivating the already observant to strengthen their commitment to Torah and join in this vital outreach work.
To bring Torah learning and appreciation to the Jews of Hollywood regardless of background, affiliation or education. Torah Learning for Jewish Living.
PATH is dedicated to fostering spiritual growth among all of Hollywood’s sizable Jewish community in order to have a positive lasting effect in making Hollywood, Florida a vibrant, inspiring, and inspired Torah community.
PATH fulfills its lofty mission through the following:
- One-on-learning and small classes on Parsha, hashkafa and halacha for newly affiliated, taught by our learned Rabbi, both in a Beis Medrash setting and privately
- Annual Simchat Torah Sefer Program (with Young Israel of Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale) whereby each of the shul’s more than 190 school-age children is presented with a Torah subject Sefer by which to build a personal sefer collection.
- Annual Fundraising Lecture presenting a well known Torah speaker to provide words of inspiration to the Jews of Hollywood
- A Parasha HaShavuah CD by Torah Scholar Rabbi Yossi Jankvots (formed PATH Rabbi) that is distributed to more than 100 people weekly
- Speakers series, adult education classes, and social programs which attract unaffiliated and/or strengthen the observant community
- Sabbath and holiday meals and events at the homes of observant Hollywood families
- E-mail marketing and public relations activities that reach new people